Did you know most people only wear 60% of what’s in their closet? People change sizes, switch up their style and try new fashion trends all the time, leaving clothes, shoes and accessories unworn and taking up too much space! We can help!
Worn is Iowa’s premiere designer resale boutique, with one of the largest curated collections of every day and designer fashion. We can take your “like new” designer and popular brand name items and resell them, giving you a check for your sold items or store credit. See how it works!
HOW “SELLING” BY CONSIGNMENT WORKS
We pride ourselves on offering fair prices for your pre-worn designer and every day clothing and accessories. Keep in mind, we are very selective when it comes to curating items for our stores. We consider buying patterns, seasonality, trends, condition of the items and other factors when accepting items for resale.
You will receive 40% of the selling price for your item(s) or you can choose to receive store credit to spend in the store and receive a discount on your purchase.
• Luxury handbags receive a sliding pay scale depending on the price of the bag (effective 3/1/19):
• $1-$299 = 40% of selling price
• $300-$700 = 50% of selling price
• $701 and up = 60% of the selling price
• We offer two ways to consign. See the full details below. Our buying days are:
Roosevelt Store: Monday Tuesday and Wednesday
West Glen Store: Thursday and Friday
COVID 19 UPDATE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME ON A SPECIFIC BUYING DAY. FEEL FREE TO BRING ITEMS FOR CONSIGNMENT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. HOWEVER, WE WILL NOT BE LOOKING THROUGH YOUR ITEMS ON THE SPOT. INSTEAD, WE WILL HOLD THEM FOR A MIN OF 24 HOURS AND CALL YOU BACK IN TO RETRIEVE ANY "GIVE BACKS" IF YOU WISH TO RETRIEVE THEM. OTHERWISE, WE ARE HAPPY TO DONATE ANY "GIVE BACKS" IF YOU WISH!
• We accept current, high end, designer or boutique style clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories for women (authentic goods only). See our list of “Brands We Love” below for ideas.
• All clothing MUST be current (last 0-3 years styles) in “like new” condition and seasonally appropriate.
• All clothing should be freshly laundered, pressed and folded–no stains, missing buttons, etc.
• If items are deemed “unsellable” by us because of stains, holes, pet hair, odors and the like, they will automatically be donated.
• Items should be folded in bags or on hangers. We will go through your items while you wait and give back to you any “no thank-yous” unless you choose to ‘drop and go.’
• We are very conscientious about stocking our store according to our customers’ buying patterns. We reserve the right to mark items on sale or have promotions when we see the need. We will do our best to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible for damage or loss.
TWO WAYS TO CONSIGN
There are two ways to “sell” your items. You can stop by one of our store locations on a “buying day” or you can “drop and go.”
Shops @ Roosevelt: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
West Glen: Thursday and Friday
Drop and Go:
This is a good option for those who don’t want to come on a specific “buying” day as you can D&G any day, any time. To drop and go, you must be an existing consignor in our system
All D&G items accepted by WORN will go out on the floor for 60 days as usual but you will not get any unaccepted items returned to you.
Unaccepted items are donated charity such as: West Des Moines Human Services.
You may log into your customer account to check your balance on any items sold. (Coming soon)
BRANDS WE LOVE
ALICE & OLIVIA
CHLOE/SEE BY CHLOE
CITIZENS OF HUMANITY
DONALD J PLINER
ELIZABETH & JAMES
RAG & BONE
7 FOR ALL MANKIND
We guarantee all items are 100% authentic or your money back. We make it a priority to authenticate every item that comes into our store and take this process very serious. Every label has its own identifying mark and if we can’t verify the authenticity of a consignor’s item, it will not be accepted for resale! We do not accept fake or counterfeit merchandise..description